An international consulting firm based in the United States is currently accepting applications from senior candidates with agribusiness and multi disciplinary experience with agricultural value chain development in Ethiopia. It is expected that the project will focus on both pro poor agricultural value chains and select large-scale export oriented value chains. This will be both long-term, short term and team leader positions for an anticipated USAID funded project in Ethiopia. The project will target a variety of agricultural value chains/sectors throughout the country in an effort to help further strengthen economic growth and private sector development.
Candidates s/he must demonstrate previous successful work history having at least 5 years minimum of working experience at the national and regional level in Ethiopia dealing with design and implementation of gender sensitive program and projects which may include hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and programs especially pro poor agricultural value chain projects. Experience in advocacy with respect to policies, regulations and legal issues involving womens and minority rights and gender mainstreaming within public institutions, Donor agencies and the private sector. Experience in mentoring and familiarity with capacity development approaches like training, forums and base line survives.
Areas of expertise include:
• Participating actively in the conduct of surveys to ensure disaggregated gender data is collected and analyzed with respect to the projects interventions and agricultural value chain development strategies.
• Taking hands on approach, supporting the projects technical staff in the design and implementation of agriculture production models for the farming communities, value chain interventions and producer organizations to ensure that the intervention is completely gender-sensitized.
• Providing technical support to organizations like Framers Federations, Association, Cooperatives, private sector business to insure their organizations are gender neutral. This may include conduct of gender-sensitized workshops and direct interaction with organizations.
• Developing monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure that gender interventions are implemented and the lessons learnt are documented.
• Preparing written information on, and results of the Project’s gender interventions and organize briefing sessions to share lessons learnt to all stakeholders.
• Work closely with the Agricultural policy Specialist to identify legal and regulatory issues related to gender and develop strategies to address these. This may include issues of land ownership and access to credit.
• Masters or Bachelors degree in Sociology, Psychology, Management, or any branch of social sciences is essential.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Ethiopian gender advocacy related agricultural value chain experience and rural development.
• Experience with USAID or other international donors preferred
• Good communication skills - both written and oral.
• Fluency in English required and fluency in one or more local dialects highly desirable.
• Ability to work in multi disciplinary teams.
Agency/Employer: Itasca International Inc.
Town or City: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Related Job Titles: Project Development Manager,Special Projects Coordinator
Permanent/Contract: Contract, Full time
Experience: 5 years
Date: More than 60 days
Salary: Not specified
Apply to this job
[Tell a friend about this job opportunity]